a cesspool of interwebness

My Face Is Killing Me

Posted by Kyro Sk On 2006-08-21 4 comments

Wilkanomics and I hit the Canada Remembers Airshow on Sunday. It was a nice sunny (and windy) day - so nice in fact that I was smart enough to leave my sunblock at home. Today I'm sporting a very severe sunburn on my arms and face that is driving me nuts. While I can respect the awesome power of the CF-18 and F-15 fighter jets, I think Iraq has proven how useless Air Superiority is. The Snowbirds were charming and impressive to watch as were the smaller more aerobatic demonstrations. On a scale of 1 to 10, the Airshow was pretty nifty - but I don't think I would ever go again. It was certainly louder than on TV, but it was essentially the same experience as watching a TLC special about modern aviation.

On totally unrelated notes:
The myth of 2-part chemical bombs (thanks Screwloose)
The myth of a dominant console (how can a piece of not-in-production-ware possibly be poised to take the lead in the industry still? can we say PS3 fanboy pundits? I knew you could)

4 comments: