a cesspool of interwebness

Why Vista

Posted by Toad008 On 2007-04-23 2 comments

I'm a gamer, and I have long said the only thing that'll move me over to Vista is the games that work on Vista exclusively, and how pretty DirectX10 can make things look. Which is a laarge part of why this project interests me so much.

This guy is claiming to have reverse engineered the aspects of DirectX10 that make it Vista specific. Meaning, by his claim, "These libraries allow the use of DirectX 10 games on platforms other than Microsoft Vista..."

I hope it's not a hoax / lie. however since 1) I'm at work, and 2) the actual website is getting pounded, I can't investigate these claims for myself.

Since it apparently compiles things down to assembly, I am excited for the potential on non-windows OS's. If I could play DX10 games on Linux, well, I'd be reformatting soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As long as they can reverse engineer it for XP, I'll be happy. But has anybody seen a single game that would compel them to want to switch yet?

I haven't even heard of any good DirectX 10 games.

Toad008 said...

There aren't any good dx10 only games out yet, but some prospects. The CrySis, for one, (next farcry). Also there are some games out already that are supposed to be releasing DX10 patches, which will improve graphics more, (Company of Heroes, Supreme COmmander) which I'm interested in.

Course since I recently bought an XBox360, my PC gaming is a little in decline. It's somewhat nice to have great games, and knowing I don't have to upgrade the hardware for a couple years.

Plus live is awesome, although it's coming to PC too in vista...