a cesspool of interwebness

Titan Quest

Posted by Unknown On 2006-09-22 5 comments

The plan is still to hookup for TQ between 7pm and 7:30 tomorrow night for those who are playing. Chris is hosting this week. Next week, we will return to Friday @ 8pm. I'm going to setup the TeamSpeak2 server tomorrow afternoon and I'll email out login details.

I'm also working Ivan-ho to use his place for boardgames again next Saturday (the 30th). He's gonna invite some other folk some of us know but don't see regular style. There will be a mix of party games (What Were You Thinking, Apples, etc..) and one strategy game (either Game of Thrones or something less territorial like Puerto Rico). I'll post back here once he green-lights the invasion of his home.

5 comments:

Clockwork said...

To those of you who don't own TQ and haven't considered it yet, I highly recommend getting your ass in gear and joining us. Saturday night was a blast!

Clock

Unknown said...

Well, the danger Clock, is that we've cried wolf with WoW . I know I just wasn't able to hang in there with it long term.

But, this game *IS* different, first of all because there is no sense of 'unlimited forever increasing mega' to it, and second because it is just us, on each Friday for a few hours. The somewhat linear nature also makes it pretty easy to catch up to a higher level guy.

Also, it is nice to buy the game and not have to pay a maintenance fee (or worry about server queues, or worry about uptime, or lag/server load).

Clockwork said...

I have a feeling that this game will give us about 3 months of good Friday evening playtime. After that, I think we'll be looking at Neverwinter Nights 2. If we could get a group of about 5 or 6 that could get into that on a regular basis, it could make for a great fall/winter/spring thing.

In any event, if anyone is interested, by all means, let us know.

Cheers!

Clock

Toad008 said...

I've been enjoying TQ, but I got a hacked version, and thus won't be joining you in your adventures. Plus, I'm still in a MMO (Final Fantasy XI) so that keeps me busy.

That said, I am interested when you start up a NwN2 game. I was intending to pick it up, and finding a good group to play with would be a lot of fun, assuming you guys have space for a new to your crew gamer like me.

Let me know when your considering the move, I'd like to pick it up a little earlier and play though a bit, as I never played NwN extensively.

Unknown said...

I only touched NwN a small bit also.

There will be plenty of warning, don't worry - and of course we would take all interested parties. That is when it is the best.

I think I'm through with MMORPG's though. WoW was really cool, and really blew my mind with possibilities, but at the end of the day I'm just not made of tough enough stuff.