a cesspool of interwebness

Canada Day BBQ @ PM's

Posted by Unknown On 2008-06-11 3 comments

Please come out to our place Friday July 4th for our multipurpose, multinational, festivities.
We're bundling together all kinds of reason to get a fresh slice of alright or open some new cans of whoop-ass, to wit:

  • [late] Canada Day
  • Independence Day (for our friends who have a little south of border going on)
  • and at least one birthday
  • the beginning of summer (okay, this is pushing it, but I'm looking forward to summer)
We want to kick off with BBQ and beers at around 6pm, and plan to have a pit fire going, some RockBand, maybe a boardgame or two and/or some cards. Ultimately, we'll be working up to some fireworks before or around 11pm. My goal is to do at least double the show we did last year, and I thought that last years fireteam did a pretty good job of not quite burning the whole town to the ground.


It's bring you own meat, and if you want to contribute a side dish to the cause, that would be greatly appreciated (but we should only need a couple things, so not everybody should bring - maybe post here if you plan to bring something).

Last year, I asked people to consider throwing $5 to $20 at me (whatever you are comfortable with, if money is tight, $0 is okay) to cover costs for the aforementioned explosive joy. I think I'll ask the same this year if that's alright. Might even be lights and music this year ;)

Looking forward to seeing everybody that Friday, let's hope we get some good weather.

3 comments:

Clockwork said...

I think I should be available but it will depend on our possession date (which just got bumped again). My family and I may be living in your basement by that point anyways, in which case, we'll be there!

Unknown said...

Excellent.
Make sure you copy and paste the contents of this post and email it around to anybody/everybody I may have missed.

Unknown said...

Awesome good times!
Thanks to Mr & Mrs Kyro for encouraging explosions in their backyard.

Looking forward to it.