a cesspool of interwebness

UT3 for PS3 to have mouse/keyboard support

Posted by Clockwork On 2007-12-06 3 comments

While this is an older review, the promise of 'true' FPS gaming on the PS3 peaked my interest. Here's what the reviewer posted on the subject:

"For those of you hardcore PC purists, mouse and keyboard controls will be available in the PS3 version through the USB ports on the front of the machine. In addition, the Sixaxis controller will get its usual nod and the motion sensor can be used to control where you look. The Sony rep apologized for it not being accessible on the demo I was playing, and he suggested that it was actually very accurate once you got the hang of it."

I think I'll wait on the FragFX.

3 comments:

captainorange said...

OK, that FragFX is the freakin coolest thing ever.

Unknown said...

Another reason not to bother upgrading my video card in my computer in favor of strict PS3 game play.

Toad008 said...

Call me an idiot, but I'm becoming less and less of a fan of mouse and keyboard FPS's. I agree there are things a keyboard and mouse can do better than a controller (ie, rotating fast) but I find for most of the FPS's I've been playing lately, where they are concentrating on more realism, a controller works awesome. Yeah, I can't whip the mouse to the side and spin a a stupid fast rate, but you can't do that in real life.

Biggest, best feature to me, is a couple hour gaming session, on keyboard and mouse, with all the skating for the mouse, and keyboard use, my wrists start hurting. Potentially due to bad hardware, but I can hold a controller for days without any pain, or stiffness.

To each their own though. I greatly support them allowing for the option.