a cesspool of interwebness

my Legacy will live on

Posted by pseudoRequiem On 2011-04-13 5 comments

Just wanted to share in the celebration of the unveiling of the first public instance of the use of my term 100%ing. I'm a bit disappointed, obviously, with the fact that the subject matter of the article is Pokemon and people who play Pokemon being insane but.... On the plus side, it's in an article (the title no less) by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw so in my mind it's still a win.



Just 100%ed Starcraft, now on to Brood Wars, shortly followed by Wings of Liberty.

5 comments:

Selbonaut said...

I would like to point out that I have been quoting you for months now without this kind of recognition. Don't forget who was first.

Unknown said...

If, as you claim, this bit o slang originated with you, then well done. Now prove it.

I made a similar claim with the word fantabulous some years ago and I could not prove my assertion. No proof, no credit.

Good luck with your quest for recognition. If you can get Yahtzee to name check in his column or Zero Punctuation show then you'll become part of the current zeitgeist. Otherwise you're just another nameless drone like the rest of us!

pseudoRequiem said...

James, has anyone ever told you that they hate you with their entire being... including the being of all their unborn children, grandchildren, etc, ad infinitum? I hope not, because I want to be the first. ;)

Unknown said...

Now you're the first!
I'll back you on that one. It's the ad infinitum that makes the difference!

Unknown said...

I'm pRetty certain that I heard the term "100 percenting" somewhere else first. I think it might have been on an early episode of Two and a Half Men, or Friends. No, no, it was on Law and Order:SVU