a cesspool of interwebness

For those about to vote

Posted by Selbonaut On 2011-04-28 3 comments

Hey everyone. I was listening to CBC news and they were talking about this website that they developed through the news section called "Vote Compass". The short of what it is is a quick questionnaire of your views on certain topics, then shows which party you are aligned too. By no means is it showing you how to vote, but if you are unsure on which way you are leaning, this might help. It only takes about 5 minutes.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, even if you don't do this, get out there and vote on Monday if you haven't already.


http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/votecompass/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Vote compass is pretty neat. Online tools for helping people make informed decisions about their choices seems like the future of good democracies.

I think it's a shame that there is only single right wing party and a plethora of left wing parties though. "Split" voting is becoming a serious issue when all votes in a riding count for nothing if the candidate doesn't win.

I hope things like Vote Compass begin to illustrate paths we could follow to further engage the electorate and overcome the pervasive apathy that has reduced our voting to around 50% of eligibles.

Mrs.CPM said...

So I tried this, already knowing who I was voting for, and it nailed it for me. I must say this is quite accurate and it got me really thinking about how I feel on these issues.

pseudoRequiem said...

I think that I'm being deceived by the ads and looks of our political leaders as I voted for NDP but the compass put me on Liberal (like dead center on Liberal). Ah well, Ignatief turned my crank the wrong way. Hope he has a happy retirement.