a cesspool of interwebness

WTF? The Tool Guy Makes Wine!?

Posted by Unknown On 2010-09-15 1 comments

I'm not sure why I'm surprised (the day after Dan Aykroyd was shilling his wine and vodka at the University Heights liquor board store), but when I saw the above poster for a documentary about Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan's winery it just stopped me in my tracks.

I mean, anyone who has listened to Tool knows just how emotionally f'ed up this guy is, and the thought of him actually making (with his own two hands no less) a good wine just flabbergasted me. Celebs throw their names on crap all the time, but here is a guy I never expected to go down this road.

After watching the trailer for the film I have a different perspective on Maynard, and I'm gonna track down this film to watch it and see what happens when he puts his passion into creating something other than music. 

Anyone else receive a pleasant surprise from a celebrity lately?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, so I found this show and watched a bit of it last night. It looks pretty good actually (after an annoying start).

I'll sit down to watch the whole thing soon, and send any other worthwhile comments this direction.