a cesspool of interwebness

Redemption tastes like cake!

Posted by pseudoRequiem On 2010-09-16 3 comments

I know it's not like the world view has gone from negative to positive when it comes to video games, especially violent ones. It is nice to see, however, people out there doing actual research to show that there are benefits to my favorite pastime. I don't know how popular the National Post is but it's good to see the media covering something over than a video game induced killing rampage. :)

Did the Q-tip trick to make my Xbox playable for a bit longer. 100 percenting commencing....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Check out the fabulous Penn & Teller Bullshit episode (season 8 or 9 I think) on video games. They totally destroy any arguments about violent video games encouraging violence.

Speaking as a soon-to-be-parent I would think that parenting plays a bigger role in the development of a kid than a video game - unless said parent is letting the video games do the parenting...

pseudoRequiem said...

Aye, that's the issue with the arguments against games. If someone who is properly trained to reason and judge things with morality, there is no fear of playing games that have violence as their primary motivator. Period.

Unknown said...

the cake is a lie
-- I don't give a fuck what year this is