a cesspool of interwebness

Google Chrome

Posted by Clockwork On 2008-09-02 4 comments


Google is about to release a new Browser. Take a look at the introductory comic.

My only concern is that everything I do on the net is being done through some Google service. If "they" decide to take a look at me, they've got a pretty big picture of my life and thoughts ....wait a minute, Blogger is Google property too....Damn you Google!

Google is like heroin for a privacy junkie/"conspiracy theorist" like myself...I know it's bad for me but I just can't help it...Google is just so good!

Anyways, I'm going to give Chrome a try. Anyone else?

4 comments:

ScrewLoose said...

Already installed and tested it. Nice clean look. Seems snappy even though I'm running it in a virtual machine. Seems to run my various web projects on par with Firefox, no render bugs that I immediately see (Unlike IE). That being said it won't be my everyday browser anytime soon. I love my Firefox extensions.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm checking it out too, but really unless they get their Mac/*ix versions working, I won't be able to give this browser any serious thought.

And Screwy is dead-on. Live without my FF extensions? Not anytime soon.

Clockwork said...

Here's an interesting comment I read:

"Chrome is a first glimpse at Google 2.0, an effort to make cloud computing ubiquitous and the desktop a thing of the past. For anyone who has wondered whether Google will release an operating system, the short answer is: yes, they just did.

And here's the proof. When you install Chrome, it asks you if you want to use Google as the search engine. You might think, well - of course! But what Google is saying with that question is: we intend to own the Web, and when we do, we don't want to get sued for monopolistic practices. Wow."

ScrewLoose said...

Yeah I got a good chuckle when it asked me about the default search engine. They are attempting to duck the same anti-trust mess Microsoft got itself into and with damn good reason. They have been toeing the line for awhile now being the biggest search and advertising company.