a cesspool of interwebness

Let it Snow

Posted by Unknown On 2006-10-15 5 comments

I know it has never made me very popular (like, what really has?) but I have a profound love of snow. Call it a Saskatchewan thing (or a deeply entrenched emotional flaw) but I love the white fluffy stuff, no matter how peculiar the regularily of it's shape. To wit:


Check out these new photographs taken by Kenneth G. Libbrecht using a specially designed snowflake photomicroscope. They are just amazing - or at least they are amazing if you are a psychologically unbalanced snow lover like me.

5 comments:

ScrewLoose said...

Normally I like snow, but this evening coming back from the farm I couldn't safely go faster than 50.... not a pleasant drive. I think its time to get some winter tires.

Clockwork said...

I spent all day Saturday raking leaves and cleaning up the yard, getting ready for winter. I had to make room in the shed for my summer equipment so out came the snowblower and Ski-doo.

LET IT SNOW!

Unknown said...

here here !

Glad somebody else has true Saskatchewonian blood!

rainswept said...

Snow makes me happy. It's like a special sneak preview of Christmas.

captainorange said...

OK, that is a cool site. I'm going to buy some distilled water and make some "ice spikes" with my jr. questers A.S.A.P.