a cesspool of interwebness

Is this for real?

Posted by Phoenix On 2006-02-17 2 comments

I just heard about the million dollar web page. How is it that some people can be so lazy and come up with such simple ideas, and yet I can't get past the time old tradition of "work hard for your money". Honestly, even if I could conjure up a "pet rock" scheme, I don't know if I'd have the moral conscience to go ahead with it. But I think it says somewhere that the meek will inherit the earth...? *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard about this a while ago, and apparently the guy is for real. I bet anybody who tries to copycat this particular scheme isn't very successful with it.

More to the point, I guess all you have to come up with is one good scheme that idiots out there will pay for and then push the hell out of it. Like you I just don't think I could get behind that sort of thing.

ScrewLoose said...

There have been a ton of imitations already but most haven't done nearly as well as the original.

I still have trouble believing it worked... When I first saw it he barely had of the pixels sold. Now I just shake my head.