a cesspool of interwebness

All Those Computer Parts

Posted by Unknown On 2006-02-27 8 comments

As some of you may know, I was looking at putting a bid in on a whole shwack of computers that are going for auction per the folding of XGX a month or two ago.

I had originally envisioned putting a partial bid in for a large segment of goods available. I phoned the law office responsible today to discuss and he informed me that my bid would only get me invited to the item by item auction to be held on a date in the near future when all workstations, chairs, X-Boxes, etc... will be sold per unit.

I gave the individual my contact info and said that I would appreciate the chance to come down and bid. I don't know what day it will be, but if anybody wants to come with me and bid on items directly I'm sure that would be fine. I plan to buy a number of high-end machines, flat panels, and chairs.

8 comments:

Clockwork said...

Jay,

Please post once you know the date and time. I might be interested if it's on a weekend.

Thanks,

Sam

P.S. Are you not bound by contractual obligation to avoid auctions and other establishments of commercial procurement (or at least the innevitable results of attending same)?

captainorange said...

I'm in, if at all possible.

Unknown said...

Sam - what in the world would bind me so?

Orange - absolutely, once I know more I will post here.

captainorange said...

Perhaps the 'One Ring' of contracts...

Clockwork said...

Jay,

Your magnificently charming better half? (I'm thinking Plasma here).

Sam

ScrewLoose said...

Let me know the details of the auction too. I would probably like to go.

Selbonaut said...

I believe that I have given you the info on what I am interested in, but will be more than happy to go out there with you.

Unknown said...

I'll make another full posting with date and time for all those interested in coming to bid. It might be a total zoo, but there is lots of gear to grab.

As soon as I know, you will all know (keep your eyes on the prize).