a cesspool of interwebness

15 Fuck Crazy Movies

Posted by Unknown On 2011-06-13 2 comments

This excerpt from the entry on Mulholand Drive (one of my ALL TIME favorite films) should give you some idea WTF the title link sends you to.  Well worth the read, and I also strongly encourage us to watch a couple movies from this list soon.


Pretty much any film by David Lynch belongs on this list, but lets bundle most of them up in with Mulholland Drive, which is possibly his most acclaimed work. Lets face it, barring maybe Elephant Man and Dune, Lynch’s work is uniquely surrealist, and hard to follow regardless of how well you understand his corpus of productions. Lynch has specifically avoided offering explanations of the goings on in Mulholland Drive, instead intentionally wanting viewers and critics to create their own opinions. Non-linear, bewildering, and inter-cut with seemingly unrelated chunks, it’s hard to follow even at the best of times, yet remains a powerful and influential film.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe that I've seen most of those films. No wait, I can believe it. After all I used to ingest a lot of hallucinogens and work at a video store - perfect background for watching f'ed up films.

There's a few of those I'd watch again. A few I won't ever watch again, and a few I'd be willing to try. No guarantees on finishing them...

Unknown said...

I definitely want to watch Mulholland Drive again, and soon.

I plan to watch "Social Network" on Friday, maybe we'll switch gears and watch MDr. after that.

Any interest in joining me?