a cesspool of interwebness

One of the things I'm proud of...

Posted by Mrs.CPM On 2011-02-28 4 comments


Now of course this isn't mine, and although I have many talents ( such as driving Kyro crazy) art is not one of them. People who know me well, might argue and speak of my fabulous ability to paint walls and imprint various parts of my anatomy into the still wet paint. While cool and true, that does not leave quite the same lasting impression as the talent of one Miss Leah Keeler that can be found on Deviant Art.
Leah... she was shy, and more than a little odd ( hmmm.... she would have likely fit in with some of us in high school). In a typical day she would speak to people very infrequently, but could always be seen doodling fantasy characters in her notebooks, or reading.
I knew she had been expanding her art since graduation and was quite pleased to find some of it easily on the DA website.
I understand that she is actually getting paid to create art now - one of her art pieces graces the side of a building in our town.
So this is just one of the things I'm proud of. Not for myself, I had no hand in it, but for her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's pretty damn good! You, and the young lady, have a lot to be proud of.

Unknown said...

I love her style, but I can't help but recognize her subject (it looks a lot like Drizzt). I hope she branches out into new subject matter of her own creation.

pseudoRequiem said...

Pose exactly matches the Prince of Persia : Two Thrones advertising image. Face is done better in hers in my opinion as well as the hair. I'm a fan of drow.

Mrs.CPM said...

If you type in her name on deviant art, you'll see she has branched out away from drow (which was her staple in high school) but has kept to the fantasy genre. Oh I think there's a bit of manga influence in there too.

She also did the mural on the side of the curling rink here in town, so that's pretty different.