a cesspool of interwebness

Medal of Awesomeness

Posted by Unknown On 2011-01-16 4 comments

Holy shit, am I digging MoH (the new one on all Hi-Def platforms).  The Modern Warfare games are great too, but this game was clearly focused on delivering a very cleanly executed single player campaign.  I'm not sure how it is for length, yet, but I'll soon report back with a full review.


After the less than inspiring mechanic of Singularity, this is a much more up-tempo pace and I'm digging it (please note though, that Singularity did pick up toward the end...).

This, and a few of the titles I've picked up for the 360, should tide me over for a while.  I had high hopes of getting into some DC Universe Online, but it's $15/month, and let's be honest, I'll wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic before I start to shell out for a monthly game again.  I do plan to play some SW:TOR when it comes out in Apr/May/Jun.

My personal "must obtain and play" list for 2011 is as follows (in no particular order):
* Gears 3 (XBox)
* NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (PS3)
* Dead Space 2 (PS3 most likely, the demo was fucking scary)
* Little Big Planet 2 (PS3, demo was awesome, grapples for the win!)
* Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC, and a monthly bum-humping $15 surcharge... fuck)
* Deux Ex Human Revolution (dunno which system I'll grab for yet, PS3 probably)
* Diablo III (PC)
* Uncharted 3 (PS3, one of my all time fav properties here)

Have you recently beaten a game that surprised you?  Write it up... been a while since any good full length game reviews.  I'll try to write up MoH when I'm done, doubt it will take me very long.  Maybe I'll contrast/compare it Singularity for schitt'zen'giggglez ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I preferred this one over CoD as well. I usually play shooters for the story-line and this game had a very engaging story for me to jump into. Pretty damn tense as well.

Once game that I'm playing on/off and don't know that I'll finish, but am still really enjoying, is James Bond: Bloodstone, which came out late last year. The driving levels are nuts!

In the meantime, though, back to Fable 3 till You Don't Know Jack begins to dominate the TV in my house next month.

Unknown said...

Fuck, I still need to play Fable 3 too.
There is no way I have enough time in my life to do anything.

pseudoRequiem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pseudoRequiem said...

And fine, i'll try out MoH if you guys are so into it. It's just hard to put down an existing war franchise and pick up another one.

Seems a step sideways more than up.