a cesspool of interwebness

It is 2011 and 58 reasons that our wallets may be raped

Posted by Bairen On 2011-01-08 8 comments

So this is my first post. I will have to make it a good one.


I'm an avid gamer; I own a PC, Xbox 360, and previously older machines. Still waiting on getting that PS3. I have handhelds, and you wouldn't believe how comforting a PSP is to have in the hospital.

But my topic today isn't about that, it is about the 2011 releases for games coming out. We just don't need to look far to know that this year will be a large gaming year with all the announcements made, some at the VGAs and some prior, and I bet some to come.

Just among my top picks this year include:
Star Wars : The Old Republic; Dragon Age II; Batman Arkham City; Dues Ex : Human Revolution; Elder Scrolls V Skyrim; (if I had a PS3 Drake's Fortune 3); Mass Effect 3; Portal 2; Zelda Skyward Sword.

That is only to name a few. Here is a larger list done on a gaming website: Link to Originalgamster . I don't even have all the games I will buy on my list above. That is crazy nuts.

Have you ironed out the list you are going to have to sort through to optimize our free time? As I can see mine slow slipping away if I only played video games this year.

Bairen

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on popping your poster cherry! Welcome to the writers circle.

I know for a fact that I won't have enough time this year to play all the games I want to, but it's a nice feeling to have. Good thing I canceled cable...

Unknown said...

Well said sir.

What about the games of 2010 that were missed? I didn't get to any of these, even though I wanted to:

- Fable3
- Dawn of War II


But some of my big games for 2011 are:
- DC Universe Online
- Dead Space 2

It's going to be hard to pick between SW:TOR and DCUO, if they both carry subscription costs, I'll basically have to choose one or the other :(. Maybe one of them will be free to play?

Unknown said...

God, other games I didn't get to last year (2010):

* Darksiders
* Blood Bowl
* Mass Effect 2
* White Knight Chronicles
* Vanquish
* Dante's Inferno
* AvP 3
* Heavy Rain
* Yakuza 3
* Borderlands (okay, this was a 2009 game, but lots of content came out for it in 2010)
* Alpha Protocol
* Medal of Honor
* StarCraft II
* Dead Rising 2
* Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
* Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
* RockBand 3
* Golden Eye 007 (for Wii)

Recent Pickups:
* Velvet Assassin (oops, trading this in straight away, by far the HARDEST stealth game ever created)
* Resident Evil 5 (360)
* Blade Kitten (PS3)
* some new tables for Zen Pinball (fucking loving this again, new table: "MARS" kicks ass, PS3)

Things I've gotta wrap up pretty quick:
* Alan Wake (or abandon it, and return it to Toad008
* SW:TFU (the first one)
* Singularity

Unknown said...

Kyro, I've played a few of the games on your "missed" list.

The ones you should take a crack at, that I've played, IMO:
- Rock Band 3 (!!)
- Fable 3
- Mass Effect 2
- Heavy Rain
- Dead Rising 2
- Medal of Honor (if you enjoyed CoD: Black Ops)

And the ones on your list that I've played and don't think are worth your time/money:

- AvP
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
- Alpha Protocol

Bairen said...

Yeah i purposefully out games that I didn't play last year. Like Gran Turismo 5; Enslaved; Alan Wake; and these are just the tip of the iceberg.

Yeesh.

Unknown said...

Indeed, I totally forgot about GT:5

Both Enslaved and Alan Wake were good though (even though I didn't beat either of them, they are both worth playing).

pseudoRequiem said...

Avoid the Force Unleashed 2 and we'll talk about dawn of war 2 Kyro.

Most looking forward to Mass Effect 3. Probably will get sucked into dragon age 2 as well... oy.

Unknown said...

Dragon Age is incongruent with my life.