a cesspool of interwebness

Doppelgänger!!

Posted by Unknown On 2010-11-07 4 comments

I submit to you that there is a living doppelganger running around hollywood.  While watching The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension this morning, I noticed one of Banzai's lieutenants... white hair... helter skelter expression... yep, definitely Guy Pearce.

Now, Guy Pearce is one of my favorite actors of all time.  There is a serious shortage of feature films staring him in the main role.  So, seeing him here in Banzai was really no surprise.  He shows up in tons of my absolute top sleeper movies (Memento, Count of Monte Cristo, Ravenous, The Hurt Locker, need I go on?).  But I was fishing on IMDB.com for the rest of the cast, trying to confirm the identity of the actress playing the floozie, when I noticed that his name was missing.

Must be an honest mistake yeah?
NO!  It's a godam doppelgänger!  EVIDENCE?

In each of these photos - which are Guy Pearce and which are NOT?





Okay, this last one is pretty obviously the double since it's right in the photograph.  It's a man who uses the alias "Lewis Smith".  My point?  None.  The evidence speaks for itself, you'll have to draw your own conclusions.

Buckaroo Banzai IS fucking awesome though.

4 comments:

Selbonaut said...

My vote is that picture 2 and three are Guy.

Unknown said...

Ditto.

Unknown said...

But you can see that they are identical human beings no?

Selbonaut said...

I can see that they are human beings... But if they wern't all side by side then yes, it would make it more difficult