a cesspool of interwebness

Need Assistance

Posted by Selbonaut On 2010-09-22 2 comments

Hey everyone. I am in need of assistance from your collective minds. I am needing some computer network support and would like to know what you all think might be my best remedy.

I have two mac laptops, one media PC (xp) and a PS3 all on my wireless network at home.

Right now I have the PC and PS3 connected to through my TV. They are talking through PS3 media server on the pc where I can stream video and music from my PC to the PS3.

Where I need help is I want my macs to be able to join the party. Mainly I want to be able to transfer files from my mac to pc and visa versa. For sure I would like it on my network at home, but if I can do it over the internet as well that would be the icing.

Ok, Go.....

2 comments:

ScrewLoose said...

Should be as simple (but never is) as enabling regular file sharing on your pc and mac.

Typically you need identical users/passwords on all the machines.

When it fails to work check that any firewalls/antivirus aren't blocking it.

Without being in front the same OS's thats about as specific as I can get. (Writing this post from Linux).

Unknown said...

I've got such a setup working here, but when I set it up identically at your studio last year, it failed to stay working as simply.

I'd be willing to give it a second go - but your mileage may vary.