a cesspool of interwebness

This has been killing me for months

Posted by Unknown On 2010-08-18 3 comments


10.4: A simple way to copy the path to a file or folder
Authored by: jhaslam on Jan 04, '08 03:24:34PM
Don't know if this works in 10.4 but it seems to work in 10.5:  works like a charm

1. Click on the file or folder you want the path for
2. Click on 'Finder' in the menu bar
3. 'Services'
4. 'TextEdit'
5. 'New Window containing Selection'

A TextEdit window opens with the text (hyperlink) of the path, e.g. /Users/Jim/Music/file.mp3

Quite quick and easy!

---
2.4GHz MacBookPro, 4GB DDR, 10.5.8

3 comments:

ScrewLoose said...

I do find it horrifying how hard some tasks are. I do think I had tripped over an easier way to do this task but of course it was still so obscure that I have forgotten it

Unknown said...

well if it comes to mind, please post it here
I'm always looking for (and trying to share) little OS X tricks and tips

pseudoRequiem said...

You know i hear macs just work. And they are so intuitive and easy to use that the waveform collapses a bit more each time someone tries to do something actually computer related on them. Fuck you iEverything!