a cesspool of interwebness

Are Games Art?

Posted by Selbonaut On 2010-04-21 6 comments

So I am sure that there is no debate amongst those of us who read this blog that we all agree that Games are Art. Roger Ebert on the other hand decided to post on his blog on the Chicago Sun-Times that games are not art (found here). I have not read the whole article because I don't need to read all of it. He doesn't know what he is talking about. There have been lots of people chiming in all over the internet over this and by far the funniest response, and almost lack there of was from Gabe at penny-arcade. Here is a snipit of his answer "I say games are art and last time I checked, I was beating Michelle Obama, Oprah and Taylor swift in Time's 100 most influential people list." (That list is here)

6 comments: