a cesspool of interwebness

The Plan (Same as the old, but more neato)

Posted by Unknown On 2008-04-06 3 comments

Found this on Mish's blog, fell out of my chair.


As DJ Punk-Roc would say...
"ever get the feeling we been cheated"

Let's see... hmmm....

1 Massive Investment Bank... check
2 Small Airlines... check
1 Jewerly Store... check
1 Bailout for Home Builders (instead of Home Owners)... check

Yep, all the pieces are falling into place. March was one doozey of a month, no doubt. Who would have thought a time would come were I would fancy the idea of sitting at home watching the economic melt-down of North American civilization on CNN while scarfing down microwave popcorn (and I do mean scarf, for those of you who haven't seen me eat popcorn recently, I just can't get the stuff in fast enough).

Really snarky replies will get edited/removed, this is the advance warning ;)

3 comments:

Clockwork said...

Yeah, I've been thinking about focussing on paying off the mortgage instead of leveraging for investment simply because I know I'm going to "make" almost 6% on my mortgage and who knows what's going to happen with the markets.

My other thought, and one that I've put into play, is to buy RRSP eligible 'offshore' mutual funds. In a little over a month, my European fund has gained almost 10%! On the other hand, My Chinese fund lost 20% in the first 3 weeks (gack!) but has rebounded (its now back to 5% down but climbing steadily). Granted, Saskatchewan should be a fairly safe investment for the foreseeable future as well.

Over the foreseeable future, I'm predicting a crash of the American market followed, inevitably, by a drop in the Canadian market. Let's just hope the drought that they're experiencing in northwestern US doesn't spread here any time soon. (See http://www.awitness.org/journal/worst_drought.html for details.)

Doom & Gloom, Doom & Gloom, Doom & Gloom....

Hey, its almost spring, isn't it?!

Clockwork said...

P.S. I know nothing about investing. I'm basically just a big picture guy who likes to play a hunch. Nothing I've said above should be taken in any way as competent advice. ;)

Unknown said...

Don't worry Clock, we never take your advice as being competent.