a cesspool of interwebness

Tracking Books

Posted by ScrewLoose On 2007-08-22 3 comments

These days I'm finding it harder and harder to keep track of the books/authors I have read in the past as well as my "to read" list. I know that among us there are plenty of avid readers as well as internet junkies. Have any of you found a decent website for tracking your reading habits?

At a glance I found http://www.goodreads.com and while it mostly fits what I'm looking for. I don't quite feel that its interface is very good. It also seems to be missing an easy way to track favorite authors.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

rainswept said...

I use Library Thing to catalog my library. If I don't give a book a rating, that means I own it, but haven't read it. Many people keep books they no longer have and give them a tag to indicate what became of them. You could easily have tags for childhood faves, university finds etc - they don't actually have to be books you own.

Anyway, I find it a super-useful tool.

My library is here.

Unknown said...

That looks pretty handy. Maybe that's something CPM and I can use too.

rainswept said...

It has a number of networking tools for bibliophiles as well - finding people with your favourites, forming groups, etc.

You could, for example, make a Gnoschitt group that would enable us to all compare our libraries. Of course, everyone has to join Library Thing (enter 200 books for free, as many as you like for $10/year or $25/life) and get working...