a cesspool of interwebness

Throwbacks?

Posted by Unknown On 2007-08-12 6 comments

I'm currently trying to find the following movies on VHS or DVD. Some of you may remember these shows, or maybe not. They were pretty 'B' in their time and - from what I've recently read - may not have aged well. But see no reason why that should stop me.

Anyway,


Thursday (1998)
- stars Tom Jane (the new Punisher)
- another Mickey Rourke film



Nemesis (1993)
- is this the only Olivier Gruner film that didn't utterly blow?
- feels more New Rose HotelBurning Chrome than any direct film adaptations of William Gibsons work ever did



Down Twisted (1987)
- am I the only person with fond memories of Albert Pyun films?


If anybody remembers these shows, or believes they can be had via torrent or something somewhere, I'd love to hear about it. If Cinemax (a movie channel in the states) has these movie, doesn't that mean there has to be a digital copy around somewhere?

6 comments:

Toad008 said...

after some quick hunting, I found Nemesis here:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/425542
http://www.mininova.org/tor/646241

This is a seed for Thursday:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/357731

Down Twisted is looking to be a touch harder to find. Maybe I can get some better searching once I'm not at work. I'll likely start all I can find tonight. Have to work to fill our new terabyte media drive.

Unknown said...

I love/hate you people with real internet connections.

Toad, I gotta get you an account on my FTP server in Saskatoon. Then we can share more content.

BTW - loving Kitty Grade. Just great.

Unknown said...

Also, I HATE IMDB.
I have never seen a site try so hard to make you NOT want to use it.

rainswept said...

Although I am a big fan, I don't know if it is fair to other Gruner movies to say that Nemesis doesn't blow.

As with The Sword and the Sorcerer (another Pyun classic), sometimes you love things because of their charming flaws.

Toad008 said...

Hook me up with an account. I'd love to share some of my junk (for lack of any other word). I'll try to get some sort of script to make a list of my music and video folder contents and dump it to an htm or xml doc or something, so it's visible to people, and they can make requests.

Unknown said...

Re: FTP/toad. Hardcore pimpin'

Re: Pyun. Glad to see I'm not the only person with those aforementioned fond memories.