a cesspool of interwebness

What's Your Universe Made Of?

Posted by Kyro Sk On 2007-05-17 8 comments

What the universe is made of

Dark energy: 75%
Dark matter: 21%
Normal matter: 4%
Source: NASA / CXC / M.Weiss



Both Dark Matter and Dark Energy are so entirely outside my actual daily experience that it seems like a pretty gigantic leap to conclude that the universe is almost totally made up of the stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with things I can't perceive (gravity, radio waves, etc...) but sometimes when I read articles like this - as I often do to see where modern astrophysics is at - I don't get a deep feeling of satisfaction.

I guess I just need to spend a few more years living in closely controlled laboratory conditions with a strict diet of detailed data or something to really 'get' it.


8 comments: