a cesspool of interwebness

Schnook Busting Loud Mouth

Posted by Unknown On 2007-05-09 3 comments

So, I'll grant you that Don Cherry is a schnook buster (as my grandma used to say)... but maybe he's onto something with this ColdFX stuff. I've had enough regular sick/flu/cold experiences to know how they start, and I can feel one trying to gain ground on me - and right before a wedding no less!

I'm no NHL-ian (NHL-er?), but I'll certainly use anything that staves off such a brutal and senseless assault.

The plan:
- Use the ColdFX
- Dose on the Vitamin C (lightly to aid in symptom reduction)
- keep up with the sun salutations each day *
- stay away from the booze and sugars **

I'm through with taking this common cold crap laying down.
I'll let you know if the treatment works (and sorry for the misleading post title).



*

** except don't take my double double away!

3 comments:

AngryParrot said...

I've been using a similar product (drug store's in-house brand) and my unscientific anecodal evidence suggests that it really does help. There have been a couple of times when I felt sure I was getting a cold, so I started using it for a few days, and a cold never materialized. I also used it as a preventative measure when I went to Copenhagegn (I always get sick when I travel) and not only did I not get sick, but I felt awesome during the whole trip.

Unknown said...

Copenhagegn! Nice work!

Where is the Photobucket or Flickr or Picasa Webalbum (or whatever is trendy this month) to show us the sights?

Unknown said...

Don't know if anybody is still following this thread or not, but as it turned out, I didn't get sick.

Not only did I not get sick, the wedding was an awesome time and a total success. Everybody had a great time at the dance and clean up went quickly without a hitch.

Props to Mr. and Mrs. Orlowski and their splendid little girl Ariel. And a shout out to Screwloose for keeping the wheels on the thing, even when our Groom didn't have a clue.