a cesspool of interwebness

Red Gopher -- 2 weeks left

Posted by km_f5 On 2007-05-20 2 comments

What to do on yet another cloudy and cool day of the May long weekend, I wondered. Well, I always used to enjoy checking out the kids' art show at the Mendel, so that is what I did. The show seemed a bit small to me, only taking up the space of one gallery, but I did see some interesting and technically skilled pieces.

I knew, too, that there was an 'Artists by Artists' show somewhere... As I was getting ready to leave, tada, I spied the show in the basement -- you know, by the bathrooms...(!!)

I was intrigued (mostly confused -^) by Yuka Yamaguchi's wall but was equally drawn by Dave Geary's work. (no link unfortunately).

Propaganda posters for Saskatchewan. Entertaining at the very least! My fav: A poster for "Red Gopher -- Saskatchewan's No.1 left-wing deep house danceteria and bar" (I purchased 2 card copies of this poster in the gift shop. Not available on coffee mugs :( but you can purchase a t-shirt with your favourite slogan and image. YAY capitalism!)

Show closes June 3, people!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That Yuka Yamaguchi stuff is actually pretty disturbing! Who would want to crawl into a giraffe head%!?@*

Toad008 said...

Just want to add great use of the East Asian Emoticon style -^. Fit's perfectly with the context here.

That 1 small thing will make he check out that exhibit. If only it was open from like 1am to 3am or so, as I think that would be a great way to fill some late night time.