a cesspool of interwebness

Corn Fueled Inflation

Posted by ScrewLoose On 2007-03-12 3 comments

Looks like some predictions about corn ethanol are coming true, corn shortages are causing problems with the fuel and livestock industries. I'm assuming we will probably see price jumps in prices in many other products that contain corn, which is actually quite a number of products as its processed into pretty much everything. That being said most of the time it doesn't provide much for nutritional value thus it might be a good thing if overly processed corn gets removed from our diet.

I'm not even going to get into the efficiency of converting corn to ethanol......

In the long run fueling cars with food is probably a bad idea.

3 comments:

rainswept said...

In the long run fueling cars with food is probably a bad idea.

Half right :)

Unknown said...

I have recently been considering switching to a policy of not preparing any meat for meals myself or my family.

I would still not turn down meat if offered such when out, and I might choose to eat light meat dishes when dining out occassionally.

With any luck, they will be forced to remove the corn product that has been added to almost every facet of our corporately grown, harvested, manufactured, and advertised, diet.

I'm all for quadrupling the price of meat. It will hopefully help me lose some of this extra weight I'm carrying around.

ScrewLoose said...

I'm pretty much with you on that one Kyro, but I need to get in the habit of gradually eating more veggies first. I'm already pretty deficient in that regard.