a cesspool of interwebness

Sony scrambling?

Posted by Toad008 On 2006-11-30 2 comments

Latest announcement from Sony's camp. Some major reshuffling of the higher ups. It seems like most of the gamer crowd is seeing this as pulling Kutaragi out to give him less control over the specifics of their products. However, it's moving him up to a higher position, so hardly a punishment.

I think this is the closest Sony will get to saying they made a mistake. Maybe their dying handheld and not quite so successful console can be saved by new management.

On a side note, I hear most people looking for Wii's can't get them in town. My roommate has been hunting for a virtual console controller, and component cables, and says the stock of absolutely anything Wii related is extremely low. However, if anyone is interested in picking up a PS3, I hear there's some in some Zellers locations. So they can't sell out of those here in S'toon.

Can't wait to see the numbers they shipped. It'll be interesting to see how bad Nintendo beat Sony.

Edit: Had some problems getting this posted, anyone else notice anything going wrong here lately?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blogspot has been having what looks like technical difficulties for a while now. The other day, all my Javascript menus on the top of this blog stopped working and I had to pull them to get the site to show. Haven't heard back from tech support why that is yet.

Unknown said...

Regarding this Sony non-sense, ya, I think looking at the numbers will be very very interesting.

I don't think we will really have any idea whats going on with these new consoles until the end of January though. Once Sony can produce to exceed the pure fanboy demand we will get a glimpse of how many units they can actually move at those outragous prices to regular consumers (at a loss on each console remember).

I only know of one possible person in my social circle (BADD) who *might* be interested in a PS3, but I know two people who own and love very much the 'new direction' of games provided by their Wii consoles.

So far it looks like the XBox360 and Nintendo Wii have both made gains in market share at the pure expense of Sony.