a cesspool of interwebness

New Aronofsky Film

Posted by Unknown On 2006-11-22 4 comments

I know I'm repeating myself here, but this movie popped up again on news.google.com and reminded me. I like Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz. And Aronofsky never fails to at least leave a mark on me, good or bad. We should organize a movie night and put this on the list.

Even though the reviews are mixed, any movie that "represents the polar opposite of the big-box product Hollywood now feeds us" is something I would be interested in seeing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

With a giant new TV my forays into the theatre will come even less often than they already are. I'll limit it to stuff I would rather not wait for, such as the new Bond, Harry Potter 5, Spiderman, etc.

Aronofsky is typically an "intellectual" director which would explain why the film has been eviserated so completely by so many reviewers (currently scoring a 44% "Pretencious and haphazard" on Rotten Tomatoes). But hey, I'm far from representative of the norm...

So please, tell us what you think when you see it. I'm curious, but so far it's just the "hey there's a train wreck, let's go look" sorta way...

ScrewLoose said...

I'm still game to see it.

Unknown said...

K, if it is in Theatres around Xmas Screwloose, lets find some other victi... uhh patrons... and go see it.

Clockwork said...

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/fountain.html

Here's a review of it that has me intrigued as well. However, I have to agree with lord jim, this is a renter (if you do that sort of thing) in my books. I much prefer to enjoy movies that are outside the norm in the comfort of my own (or a friend's) home. Nonetheless, if I'm around and available, you won't have to twist may arm too hard to convince me to come along.