a cesspool of interwebness

End Of June

Posted by Unknown On 2006-06-19 3 comments

June is almost through and the promise of a warm sunny summer seem like a phantasm that threatens to appear but never does. Regardless, I plan on having some fun at the end of this month, and I thought I would see how many other people are up for what.

So:

Thursday, June 29th
Buck 65 is playing at the Odeon. Don and I are going for sure. If you don't know who Buck 65 is, I"m not suprised - but I think anybody would be suprised to find that he is a Canadian poet/musician that blends styles and sounds to create a "tech-folk" kind of music.

Friday, June 30th
I plan on hitting the earliest show possible of "SuperMan" with my brother Rob. After the show I will drop him off at home and then head home to meet a few people out there. I'd like to try and hit Eagle Creek to see if Barry and crew need a hand with setup, or it might just be a good night for some board games if they don't need a hand.

Saturday July 1st
I'm really pumped about Saturday for obvious reasons. I plan to go early enjoy the afternoon with some DJ's playing and check out the bands. I play at around 10:30 pm in the Quad Creek Room and promise to play some slammin classic Hard House/Trance and some original tracks.
I've got Monday and Tuesday off of work so this is the entirity of my summer vacation. I'm sure I will be tired as hell by Monday but it will all be worth it. Give me a call or email if you want to join me for some of the above activites. Cheers!

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

Sorry to hear about the dismal weather you're enduring out there... but I'm happy to report 3 weekends in a row here of sun, no wind, no rain, and lots of wrapyourselfinafluffytowel comfy heat.

My visa application goes in the mail tomorrow, then it's a waiting game for 4 - 6 weeks, hopefully I find out before I set foot on a plane back to the homeland. I've got a 50/50 chance of making it, if not I've got a niece or nephew to look forward to (whew - the pressure's off now!)

Sorry I'm going to miss your Canada Day party Kyro - sounds like it'd be a blast. We'll be whooping it up here (one WHOLE street shut down for us Canuks) for what it's worth.

Cheers

Unknown said...

Shane and Terry are coming out to my place on Friday June 30th. We may choose to play some games, or have a fire. All comers welcome!

rainswept said...

I'll be thinking of your fun and games while I man the center till on Friday night. Maybe I'll see you Saturday morning though.