a cesspool of interwebness

A Sound of Crap!

Posted by Unknown On 2006-04-25 3 comments

For those of you who may not know I write movie reviews for a writers website out of Calgary: thatmoviesite.com (link in title above). Recently I had the extreme displeasure of posting my very first 1/5 rating on a film.

The horrible dog of a movie that robbed me of almost two hours of my life is
A Sound of Thunder. The review should be up in a day or two so you can read it at your leisure. This show is based on a great Ray Bradbury short story that I read years ago. I thought that it could be a good film, but apparently the studio decided to let a monkey behind the lens, and what we get is drivel.

Should Hollywood continue to make endless amounts of sci-fi movies, as is the current trend, even though most of them suck my left nut? I'm undecided on the topic. What I do know is that Hollywood should look to the past for a little direction. 30 years ago the major studios were putting out less than a dozen big films in a year, so quality was of an increased level; now it's more about quantity than quality, and I think it shows...

Your thoughts?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe Guy Ritchie directed this film too?

rainswept said...

Bradbury's short stories are magic distilled into text. It seems a given that this millenium's imprint is not compatible with their kind.

Unknown said...

Nice - I love a good Dark City reference when one can be had...